Miracle of Nurture Internship Program
We are committed to providing high-quality lactation care that is evidence-based, affordable, and accessible to families in the Portland area. We are in a unique position to offer education and training to future lactation consultants based on the philosophy of biodynamic care, which holds that breastfeeding is a normal physiological process requiring trust and respect, as well as an understanding that each breastfeeding dyad has individual circumstances and needs. The IBCLCs and students who make up the Miracle of Nurture program will provide outstanding care based on the principle that mothers and parents are experts on their own babies and families, and deserve the support, resources, and personalized care necessary to successfully meet their unique parenting and feeding goals.
For Prospective Interns
Our internship program, launched in December of 2015, operates on a quarterly system. We generally request our interns meet the following requirements:
- Are currently enrolled or enrolling in an IBLCE-approved pathway 2 program
- Reside in the Portland area and have reliable personal transportation to and from work
- Can commit to one or more 2-hour appointments on a consistent day and time each week of the term through September 30, plus mandatory meetings
- Currently have or can obtain liability insurance from an approved vendor
- It is preferred (not required) for interns to have access to an iPad (2nd generation or higher) in order to access our charting software
Applying to Our Internship Program
We are not currently seeking new applicants to our program. When openings are available, applications will be available to download on this page. Follow us on Facebook for announcements!